How sweet is this little Gnome Succulent? Super easy to make and makes an even sweeter statement. Great for the plant lover and teacher gift.
Just a few supplies and one will surprise you!
- Clay pot
- Succulent (Can also use a faux succulent shown in picture above)
- Faux fur (The color shown is white but there are several to choose from at any fabric store)
- 1 wood bead (Whatever size you want) I chose the medium size
- Hot glue gun (Love my Ryobi) You can find the link in my favorite products tab if you want to learn more!
- Braided placemat (Yes a placemat that I found at Walmart for 2.49)
The first step is to take scissors or a seam riper and separate one row from the placemat. This will give you the braid for the pot. Next step is to paint the clay pot ( I left the rim of the pot unpainted but painted the rest black) this gives a dimension and character.
The next step once the paint dries, is hot glue the faux fur around the top of the pot just under the rim. Once that is in place you can trim the bottom to the desired length. Take the braid from the placemat and hot glue the braid right over the top of the fur just under the rim. Once in place hot glue the bead just under the braid.
The final step is place your succulent in the pot. If using a faux plant you will need to hot glue some foam in the bottom to place the pick into.
That is it!!
How cute did this come out? I hope that you enjoyed this and let me know what you think.
Restoration of Heart & Home